Thursday, August 20, 2009

English Premier League game (Sunderland vs Chelsea) by Matt Maughn

Today I can say that one of my dreams became a reality! Today I got to experience an official English Premier League soccer match. What made this experience even better was that I got to watch my favorite team play...CHELSEA FC!! As my teammates and I walked towards the stadium it still felt as if I was dreaming. I'm so used to watching to European soccer games on TV or the internet so the excitement I was feeling was overwhelming.

Inside the stadium, the atmosphere was electric and fascinating. 40,000 screaming Sunderland fans coordinating chants and becoming one voice was incredible. I wanted to cheer on Chelsea squad so desperately but couldn't because we were right in the middle of the Sunderland fans and thats a big no-no over here!!

As for the game itself...Chelsea dominated the match. They were in control from start to finish despite going down 1-0 within the first 15 minutes...they came back to win by scoring 3 second half goals for the final of 3-1. Chelsea's passing and their movement was a beautiful thing to watch.

I really enjoyed and apprecitat my experience tonight! I hope some day I can come back to Europe to watch my team play again!

I want to thank the Coaches, Ged Maloney, my teammates, and my mother for providing and making this day one I will never forget...Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment